If you are a member of the Hackettstown Public Library and need items that are not listed in our catalog, you may request them through Interlibrary Loan via the JerseyCat catalog. The JerseyCat catalog includes the collections of many of New Jersey’s public libraries, colleges and schools. Open borrowers should make their requests through their home library.
Please search the Hackettstown Public Library Catalog before requesting items through JerseyCat. JerseyCat should only be used if the items that you are looking for are not found in the M.A.I.N. Catalog.
Please follow all instructions, including entering your name, telephone number and library card barcode number on the JerseyCat request form.
Instructions for Placing a Request through Jerseycat
- Click on JerseyCat
- Enter an author, title, subject, or other keyword(s) in the search box and click the “Search” button. Other search options may be found in the navigation bar at the top of the page.
- Your search results will be displayed. Click on the highest number found in the “Results” column. A list for that particular library catalog will be displayed.
- Click on the title that you are looking for (choose one that has a high number of locations).
- Click on the “Request This Item” button. The “ILL Request Form” will be displayed.
- Scroll down the page and enter the information that is requested: -PATRON NAME: Your last name, first name.-CREATE A PASSWORD: Choose and remember one of your own.-LIBRARY CARD NUMBER: Barcode number found on the back of your library card.-PHONE NUMBER-FAX (optional)-EMAIL (optional)
- Click the “Submit” button.
- The “ILL Request Result” page will now be displayed, click “Close”
We will contact you by telephone when your item arrives.