How to Download eBooks and eAudiobooks with Cloud Library
These step-by-step instructions will show you how to download eBooks and eAudiobooks using Cloud Library. All you need is a library card! Follow the steps below and you’ll be on your way to reading or listening to books on your device!
- Download the free Cloud Library app onto your device. For a full list of apps and compatible devices, click here.
- Open the app on your device. The first time you open the app, you will need to select your country, state, and library. Be sure to select Hackettstown Free Public Library.
- Enter your library card number and PIN (your PIN is the last four digits of your library card number).
- Browse or search for titles. Audiobooks will have a headphones icon in the bottom right corner of the book’s image.
- If a title is available to borrow, click the BORROW button. If it is checked out by another user, you can place a hold by clicking the HOLD button. You will receive an email when your hold becomes available. Email settings can be accessed through the Settings option on the left menu.
Other things to remember:
- eBooks and eAudiobooks have a loan period of 14 days.
- Titles can be re-borrowed if there are no other holds on them.
- You can borrow up to four eBooks/eAudiobooks at one time.
- While the Cloud Library app is compatible with most mobile devices, it will not work on any Kindle eInk devices.
- If you are using an e-reader such as the Nook Simple Touch, Sony eReader or Kobo eReader, you will need to use the PC or Mac app to download the title to your computer and then transfer it via USB. For troubleshooting help, visit the Cloud Library support page.
If you have questions or issues, be sure to contact the Library for additional assistance!