We are excited to announce that the Hackettstown Public Library is in our next reopening phase and is open to the public with modified services. Read on for everything you need to know!
Limited Capacity – Per the Governor’s Executive order, our capacity will be limited to 25%. This means that no more than 10 people can be in the building at one time. We ask that you limit your time in the library during this phase.
Face Coverings and Social Distancing – Also per the Executive Order, masks are required for all staff and library patrons and we ask that everyone adhere to social distancing guidelines.
Computer Use – Usage of public computers will be by reservation only and sessions are limited to 45 minutes per day. Fill out our online form or contact the library at 908-852-4936 to schedule an appointment.
Children’s Room – Browsing in the Children’s Room on our lower level will be by reservation only and sessions are limited to 45 minutes per day. Fill out our online form or contact the library at 908-852-4936 to schedule an appointment.
Unaccompanied Minors – To ensure the health and safety of the public and staff, minors (those under age 16) must be accompanied by, and under the direct supervision of, their own parent or legal guardian at all times.
Returns – Returned items will not be accepted at the desk. All items must be returned to the outside book drop. All returned items are quarantined for three (3) days before they are returned to the shelf.
Other – All programming continues to be online, the meeting rooms are closed and will not be available for bookings.
CLICK HERE FOR OUR FULL “PATRON CODE OF CONDUCT DURING A PANDEMIC” POLICY.
The library is not accepting any materials donations during this time.
Absolutely no food or drink will be permitted in the library.
For the safety of both the community and the staff:
WE ASK THAT IF YOU FEEL SICK AND HAVE ANY SYMPTOMS YOU DO NOT COME TO THE LIBRARY.
Contactless Curbside Pickup – Curbside pickup will continue to be offered during this time.
Contactless Curbside Pickup Hours:
Monday – Friday, 10:00am – 7:30pm
Saturday, 9:30am – 11:30am
Who can use Curbside Pickup?
All Hackettstown Public Library cardholders in good standing (no fines over $10.00) can use the service.
How do I request an item from the library?
Place items on hold using the online catalog found on our website, or call the library at 908-852-4936. Library staff will prepare your items for pickup. It may take up to 24 hours for us to get your items ready. You will be notified via email or phone when your hold is available.
What’s the pickup procedure?
**If you have a fever or are not feeling well, please do not come to the library to pick up your holds. Contact us to let us know you cannot make your pick up.**
- Go to the designated Curbside Pickup Location in front of the library.
- When you arrive at the library, call 908-852-4936 to let us know you are here. If you do not have a cell phone to call us from outside the building, please use the buzzer at the library’s side door adjacent to the staff parking lot. When we know you are here, we will leave your items in the front of the library.
- Staff will place your items on a table outside the library. Items will be marked with your last name.
- In the event of inclement weather, provide the make and color of your car to assist in the delivery of your materials. If we cannot leave items out on a table for pickup, staff will place items in your trunk, which you will open without exiting your vehicle.
- Please, no congregating in front of the library.
How do I return my items?
Please deposit all returns in the book and media drops outside the library.
What safety measures are in place with regards to returns?
In order to safeguard the health of patrons and staff, the library is quarantining all items for 3 days after their return.