March 15 @ 7:00 PM - 7:45 PM
Writers are invited to join us for an introductory monthly workshop focused on teaching the basics of writing. Learn plot structure, work on developing characters, learn your genre, build worlds from your imagination, and have the opportunity to bounce ideas off your peers. This workshop is for beginners or for people who already write. Writing is writing, and sometimes, help and ideas can come from anywhere or anyone. Register online for a meeting link and additional information! Recommended for ages 16 and up. Here’s what we have planned for each week:
Session 1: Building Character
- Establish your character & side Characters
Session 2: Set the Scene
- Genre; Setting; Memory writing exercise
Session 3: Beginnings Are Hard
- Plot Structure Week 1: Exposition — The opening of the story, including introduction to characters and settings.
Session 4: It’s Complicated
- Plot Structure Week 2: Rising Action — A series of events that complicates matters for your characters, and results in increased drama or suspense.
Session 5: The Moment You’ve All Been Waiting For
- Plot Structure Week 3: Climax — The big showdown where your characters encounter their opposition, and either win or lose.
Session 6: Where Do We Go From Here?
- Plot Structure Week 4: Falling Action — A series of events that unfold after the climax and lead to the end of the story.
Session 7: Every Story Has to End