This is a modified recipe from a cookbook, “Simply Sensational Cookies” by Nancy Baggett.
Classic Fudge Brownies
Makes 16 2-inch Squares
- 10 tbsp unsalted butter, in chunks
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, coarsely broken
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1/4 cup high quality cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cups flour
1. Preheat oven to 350° F
2. Line 8-inch square baking pan with aluminum foil, allowing it to overhang on two opposite sides, and coat with a non-stick baking spray
3. In a large saucepan, heat butter and chocolate over lowest heat, stirring until mostly melted. Remove from heat, stir until butter and chocolate melt.
4. Stir sugar, cocoa, and salt into chocolate mixture. Let cool. Stir in eggs, 4 tbsp water. Stir in flour , until batter is smooth and shiny. Spread in pan evenly.
5. Bake 20-25 minutes min or until a toothpick in the center comes out clean except for the bottom 1/2 inch, which should be moist and gooey. Cool on wire rack. Refrigerate at last 45 min. Lift slab onto cutting board. Cut.